Friday, January 31, 2014

Just gotta go with what ya know!

Though it's easy to decide on a movie to watch when you have 100 in a box to get through, sometimes you gotta go with what ya know. I caught two minutes of M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth and was thrilled that it wasn't in the BackLOG this year! (Yeah...those accents...just...no.) So I decided on something calming and easy: Sofia Coppola's Lost In Translation. One of my favorites :) OK, world, what about you? Got any go to movies for a specific mood? Aaaaand go!

And don't forget, Breaking Away review incoming Saturday!

Joe

2 comments:

  1. One of my (current) favorites for light hearted adventure is "How to Train Your Dragon". Clear plot, character development, a not-so-shocking plot twist at the end.

    If I was looking for a Musicy video, I would go for Scott Pilgrim or Pitch Perfect .. depending on audience.

    For mindless action and SciFi, original Transformers is always a good call.

    I am not sure what I would use for a serious movie. Equilibrium, The Hunt for Red October, The Matrix I, Blood Diamond come to mind. I would be more likely to sit down with Ghost in the Shell, The Newsroom, Death Note, or Elfin Lied than a specific movie, me thinks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved How to Train Your Dragon! I watched it on a whim and had a blast with it. Also a big fan of Scott Pilgrim (Edgar Wright for the win!). For musicy videos I go Mr. Hollands Opus if I want something kinda feel good or High Fidelity which isn't very sing-songy...but maaaan "the soundtrack kicks f*cking ass!" As Jack Black would put it :)

      Transformers 2 is actually in this season of the BackLOG 'cause I heard so much horrible about it I have to see what the fuss is about.

      I can't say I've seen Death Note or Elfin Lied before, which I assume they're anime, which would explain it. I had that phase back in Ghost in the Shell time period but sadly fell out of it, though there is some animation this year also.

      And of course, when you have a day to kill, nothing wrong with a Star Wars, Indiana Jones, or Kill Bill run :) Oooh, that would be a good question. Favorite movie marathons or "awkwardly themed movie marathons." Now I'm rambling, I'll totally post on that soon though! Thanks!

      Delete